Friday, July 3, 2015

July bee blocks

It was my turn once more to pick bee blocks for Joy@ do good stitches on Flickr this month. I think I scared everyone when I posted the June blocks. As it turned out we take a break in June and I forgot.  So I needlessly panicked and did up my blocks feeling bad thinking i was 5 days late.

I wanted very strong, summer colors that would work well for a teen or a male so went with shades of teal, navy, aqua along with orange and yellow. White is the background and will showcase nicely the other fabrics.  I hemmed and hawed about the block pattern to choose but when I went to Badskirts blog and followed the link back to her Cloud9  block entry I knew what I was going to do.



This block will give me four layout options for a quilt top that will be fun to play with.  I can't wait to see what the ladies will come up with.  In the meantime I will make a few more blocks to add to the collection cause I think I will need more than what the ladies will make.

No comments: