Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Hello Maui

Earlier in June I had the opportunity to go to Maui for my spiritual retreat. Hay House was presenting their Writing from the Soul workshop with Doreen Virtue and Wayne Dyer.  For many years now I have had another goal floating its way to being and this course seemed to come around at that right time. 

the beach view

Getting permission from work, and gathering my pennies I flew to one of the most gorgeous places in the world. While the course itself was at the Maui Westin, I am so glad that I stayed at a lower key hotel called Kaanapali Beach Hotel.  They had beach front, a pool along with a great balcony that I could sit on at night and listen to the performers that came in.  My new favorite song is Somewhere over the Rainbow on the ukelele.

floral at the Westin Maui

As I spent two and a half days in lectures there was not a lot of free time to explore the island. Being aware of time differences as such I did not want to push it like normal and return home exhausted. So I explored some of the island but not all of it hoping to leave some adventures for my next trip there. Its definitely a place that I want to go back and visit again.

what Sailor misses an opportunity to pose with an anchor

No comments: