Monday, July 6, 2015

Gracie Girl Remix

This year is all about using up fabric from old projects.  You know those bits and pieces that every quilter says I will just put this over here and make thus and such from the left overs. Of course the next bit of frippery comes along in the form of fabric and our attention is pulled in another direction.

That is not to say that I have not be experimenting with new fabric, I have. But I am trying to balance it out with old stuff too. One of those fabrics is a Riley Blake line called Gracie Girl. I bought it because it reminded me of my mom, Grace. I made her a lovely quilt with the material. And was surprised at how much fabric I had left over from the fat quarter bundle.



So I decided to make some square in squares of various sizes and make some small baby quilts with them.  The first quilt has been fashioned after a quilt I saw on Jedi Craft Girls website,  where she used my favorite nautical prints.

I made this first quilt and still have a enough to make another one that will be at least a lap size. I had Tracey quilt this one up for me and added some left over binding I had from the first project and VOILA! A baby quilt ready for a baby girl.

No comments: