Sunday, February 2, 2014

Double Cross



I visited a new quilt store up the Malahat during Christmas leave. I found all sorts of lovely treasures there.  There were a whole bunch of Pieced Tree Patterns, which I am very fond of for this compact, easy to put together table squares or runners. 


 Double Cross is pattern no.# 54 and is basically a x+ quilt and its octagonal shape makes a secondary cross or x.
For fabrics I choose Kibibi from Alexander Henry and complemented it with three grunge fabrics from Basic Grey. This will be a very dark table topper but I think it will go nicely on a rich dark wood table.


 I think I should have put the pattern fabric also as a center piece for the cross blocks too but again that is a learning that if I did a test block prior I could have caught it. Oh well. Now how to quilt this.  I think that I will make this one again this time using up scraps of fabric. 

No comments: