Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Jesus and Fashion

Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2013 RTW


I really like well made clothes. This is one of the reasons that I like to make my own clothes rather than go to a store with cheap looking fabrics and poorly constructed garments.  I often like to look at the designers new lines and see if I can replicate an outfit. I was looking on line and came across the fall line for Dolce & Gabbanna.  It is very strange mix of the classics.  A little pun here on the word classic. 

Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2013 RTW
So in this line are garments with lovely lines and gorgeous fabrics. I love these two red dresses. How very wearable.  Of course I would put a lining in the lace dress.  I am not confident enough to walk around with just my undies on! Now the tiara, I could definitely wear that one.

I was interested to see the shoes that they were showing too.  Flats to wonderfully orate wedge heels, like the ones below.  A bit high for me and I do wonder how stable those thin wire cages are when holding the body's weight.
Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2013 RTW

I am not keen in the tweed dress and jacket, it looks a bit bulky, but I do love the purse the model is carrying.  If you look in the background you will see the model to the left wearing a lovely coat with what I will not even try to term as shorts.  If you go to the actual runaway show, they show the poor girl wearing what looks like a pair of diaper covers made out of tweed fabric.  Really I am not being unkind, they remind me of those plastic pants put over babies cloth diapers to keep their clothes from getting soaked with bodily fluids. Not the designers best choice.

Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2013 RTW
But my favorite looks are the dresses made with the iconistasis fabric. It reminds me of my art history classes in university and looking at frescoes and painting from the Byzantine world.  So rich and ornate. 

Dolce & Gabanna Fall 2013 RTW
I wonder what my congregation would think if I ditched my robes for wearing a number like the dress below, or an ornate top and tweed skirt. Of course I would have to wear the tiara they show the model with too! If you aren't keen on the fabric, picture the outfit in a solid color. This is a gorgeous dress that  would look nice in silk or even a light weight wool. 

Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2013 RTW

No comments: