Friday, August 23, 2013

Tilting at Windmills

Now that my baby has returned from the sewing machine spa, I have been busy working it out.  Cutting, sewing and pressing windmill blocks for my turn at Joy do good stitches. 

I found the pattern on the blog of Tickle and Hide. The blocks are pretty easy to make and are great at using all those scraps that build up.  I chose a color combination of grey, lemon and turquoise inspired by a Design Seeds photo. 

If you are like me and have a bunch of 2.5 inch strips this is a good project to use them up.  Or if you have a collection of pre cut strips, they would be very effective in this pattern.  I have a collection of bali pops that would particularly lovely in a linen background. But that is another project.   In the meantime I will put these blocks together and add them to the blocks that the group is making and come out with a fairly large quilt to go to a worthy charity.  Not sure which charity at this time must do some thinking on that but I am sure that something will come to me.




No comments: