Sunday, September 22, 2013

Garment Bags

I have been making some garment bags and clothes protectors recently.  Its a good way to use up fabric, especially the older pieces that just seem to linger in the closet.



For the protectors that just cover the shoulders of a garment, I used a pattern from Sew 4 Home. With a bit of careful cutting you can make two covers both lined with two half meter cuts of fabric.

Since I needed something to hold evening gowns and a few different winter coats I am making some larger garment bags. Checking out the books at Connecting Threads I found a book called Trendy Totes and Carryalls by Cindy Taylor Oates. Again a good way to use up large pieces of fabric like those yardages that you buy and love but are so big you don't know how to use them in a quilt.  Yup those pieces of fabric are good for these garment bags. I also am checking out the tote bags too but not sure if I have the patience to do it.  We'll see I guess. 

Trendy-Totes-and-Carryalls-book-Taylor-Made-Designs-front.jpg

No comments: