Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Carnaby St Blocks

I started about two months ago making the x+ blocks with the purpose of using up scraps that were in my scrap basket. I have done pretty good on that front, creating a total of 25 blocks which will make a very nice quilt top.

In the process of doing this I came across the Carnaby St line from Pat Bravo in my LQS. How fortuitous. I bought some fat quarters and thought why not add these to my collection of block.  But then after making three I found I just couldn't get them go into the scrap quilt.  It just seems wrong somehow.

That meant I had to get a few more pieces of fabric so that I could make finish up nine blocks in total to make a large baby quilt top or a lap quilt. While I am not quite finished, I have to join the blocks still, I want to contemplate the outer edges and what to do in order to bring it all together.


No comments: