Friday, September 20, 2013

September Joy do.good stitches bee blocks

This month we are asked to do up  some low volume star blocks.  Now I don't have many low volume fabrics around, in fact I had to go out and buy some in order to create these blocks.
The first block is this one, from Hope at Fresh Lemon Quilts.  Its a great block and looks wonderful in scrappy fabric. This is the only block that I had a bit of pale lemon and grey fabric in my stash to make the block. Unfortunately the grey is a bit too strong.


The second one is made from pale lavender fabrics that together make not only a star but a pinwheel as well. The pattern is from Quilter Cache.

While we only have to do two blocks I also bought some pink fabric too to make a star block. Not sure what star I will make at this time but we will see what I will come up with.

No comments: