Friday, May 24, 2013

Carnaby Street Placemats





The LQS down from the base recently got in some Art Gallery fabric, a line named Carnaby Street. Since my moms birthday is coming soon I thought that I would sit down and make her some fresh place mats. They use them regularly so new ones will be welcome.  Now if I can only get her to throw the old ratty ones out.


Placemats are one of my go to items for gifts.  They are often quick to make and a good way to use up fabric. I often try to find new designs to add to my to do list so when I came across the pattern by Susan Weinroth I added it to my list.  I love that it uses multiple fabrics, is large enough for big size plates and the best of all - a pocket for your napkin or silverware.


I debated on what to use for the back of these. I did buy some more of the Carnaby Street line  as you see pictured above but changed my mind and used two different pieces of balis that compliment the front.  As for the length of Carnaby Street print, I am thinking about making a head band like Daisy wears in the Great Gatsby.



No comments: