Tuesday, February 5, 2013

BirdBath Finish

I took the quilt top to Arlene and was able to pick it up when in Victoria in February. I started the quilt back in 2012 and took a few months to complete the blocks, add to that traveling back and forth between ON and BC it was a bit longer in completion than normal.

quilting close up
Arlene did a fine job on coming up with a quilt pattern to make the quilt pop.  I know we debated for a bit on what pattern to use as the quilt was looking pretty flat in its initial state. But I have to say it looks fantastic.

I backed the quilt in cotton from Connecting Threads.  It has a bit of an Asian feel to it that I thought would work well with the quilt top.


The original pattern is by Elizabeth Hartman of the Oh Fransson fame and you will find it in her first book.  

No comments: