Thursday, January 31, 2013

Joy Blocks for January

I must be a glutton for punishment, since I asked if I can have the January spot for the Joy at do good stitches bee back in November when I was up for that month as well.  I was a bit stumped as to what block I want to pick this month along with what color palette.

I thought about this block:
  diagonal chevrons

or this one:
                 or even this one:

I keep a log of favorite color palettes on my Pinterest account along with fav blocks on both Pinterest and Flickr and while I have been coming through them all nothing is jumping out saying make ME!

In the end I decided to go with coral and grey for color combination using this as my starting off point:
 

 The block pattern is from Sew Crafty Jess.  I changed the size a bit as I hate sewing scant quarter inches, plus a bigger block means the quilt will come together a bit faster too! Love it.

baby version

big version

No comments: