Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm a little bit drunk


Well I am not really drunk.  I am excited though about how the drunkard’s path block quilt that I started back in the spring has turned out.  Prior to leaving for Ontario, I picked up a whole bunch of quilts from Arlene that was ready for binding.  Many of them I worked like mad to get completed, puncturing numerous holes in my fingers hand binding them. While I would have like to have taken a few of them in the car to finish up while traveling across the country, there just simply was not room.  I did manage to smuggle this one in and had hoped to have it done by the time I arrived in Ontario.  Boy did I get off track.  

But I did finish it this past week, working on it a few inches at a time just before going to bed.  I really like its bright sunny presence.  It will be perfect for my sterile white office, giving it a pop of color and personality.  The only downside is I may have to change it out to something more seasonal as we head further away from summer. But considering it is called, No snow on my beach, maybe I can keep it up year around….


No comments: