Sunday, September 16, 2012

Simple Skirts


I wanted some simple skirts this summer that would be good to wear when you wanted to look nice but still casual. After some searching I found Burda pattern # 7241.  This is a great straight skirt with an elastic top waistband which makes for an easy on and off, not to mention room for comfort after a big meal on a summer patio! 
 
The first skirt I followed the pattern to a t and ended up with this lovely knee length blue skirt. The material is a cotton stretch in a medium weight which makes it easy care with minimal pressing.  
The next skirt I made was from a lighter weight cotton print again with a bit of stretch to it. 

 

 I fell in love with this purple print.  It took a bit of work to find some items that went with it but I was able to find two tops that work well with it.  This skirt I made a bit shorter, just above the knee.  If I were to make it again, I would make the longer option.  Actually I think this is a very versatile skirt and I could see a few different color ways of this skirt in medium weight solids or wool crepe.  Mmmmm, wool crepe, I love wool crepe.

No comments: