Friday, July 27, 2012

Solstice Stars

Back a while ago, I joined a quilt along called Solstice Stars by Faith of Fresh Lemons quilts.  I was very diligent and completed the top in record time and then it sat in a heap at the sewing room door waiting to go to the long arm quilter with a pile of other quilts. 

A few weeks ago I picked it up from Arlene, she does all my quilts.  I have to say I am so please with how it looks.  Faith gave a few options on how to finish up the top and I chose to use semi solid pieces of fabric or strips, letting the blocks stand out on their own.  In doing so, it means that quilting needs to be grand, cause that is what is going to make the quilt.  The whole works is quilted in white thread so it pops out and I chose an extra thick batting so that the quilting would pop even more.  The pattern is a leave vine meandering all over the quilt and it sure makes this baby. 
Solstice Stars


I am so please with the way it turned out.  It is bright and happy and in your face with look at me color. It is so nice and soft to touch and the texture brought from the quilting is pretty awesome to.  I bound this quilt in leftovers of fabrics used in the top, making it very multicolored too. The back is a simple dark orange cotton.

quilting close up




No comments: