Monday, July 2, 2012

How does your Garden Grow?

I have been bad the last few weeks in getting to the computer and making posts. Or make that getting distracted by Pinterest, the pile of laundry and weeds, and other jobs that requiring doing around here and then shutting down before posting. Perhaps this is what they call the summer slump?

I picked up a pile of quilted tops and am in the process of putting on bindings, with the hope of doing one binding a night depending on the size of the quilt.  Its lovely to see these tops, a lot of them a scrappy and trying to use up bits and pieces.  I have to say that they are most effective.  As Arlene the long arm quilter said, they remind us that simple blocks can be very striking and as beautiful as the complicated blocks.  Anyways I will be posting these over the next few weeks as I get them done.
The garden is coming along nicely.  The lilies and roses are in full bloom, potatoes doing well, but the veg garden is not growing as much as I would like it to.  I think I need to nag the DH to cut the grass again, LOL. 

No comments: