Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ta Da

Star Weaving for Do. Good Stitches bee

I have completed my first quilt for do. Good Stitches quilt bee. Yeah!

 I am a bit behind though.  We have a month to get it quilted, photographed and sent to the charity.  Since my month was April and it is now mid June I can officially say I am tardy.  The groups is pretty generous though, understanding that the post isn't always working to our schedule or that life sometimes gets in the way.  I was very lucky to have my friend Arlene pop it on her long arm and quilt it up in a swirly pattern.

The quilt is made from blocks from Marcia Hohn, and is called Star Weaving.  I thought it was interesting made in a scrappy yet cohesive way using the same colors and grey ash background.  The ladies in the bee did a fine job with them and it was a pleasure to collect them on my flannel board and watch the top take shape.  I decided to sash them with a orange material with a variety of colors in it and I think that it really pulls it together.
 
Unfortunately I couldn't put all the blocks on the front, some had to go on the back.  My lesson learned from this is make sure that those blocks are in the center not the edges of the backing cause they will get cut off, which is what happened.  Sorry ladies.  Next time I will do better. 

So what will be my next quilt for this... I am contemplating Dresden or maybe maybe some other scrappy block or a block from the latest 100 blocks from Quiltmaker.  Oh the choices.  Good thing I have a few months to think on it.

No comments: