Monday, July 9, 2012

Another Finish

A few month ago I went on a using up scrap rampage and made numerous quilt tops, mostly baby ones using not only scraps of batting and flannel but also 2 1/2 inch strips and other bits of fabric that were lying around.  Sad to say that it barely made in a dint.  LOL!
Pink Scrappy Baby quilt

 But I did get back from the long arm quilter some sweet quilts that will be perfect for a new little baby.  I think the pink one is my favorite out of the bunch.  ( I will show you the rest as I get them bound and photographed.) The loopy quilting just makes it shine too.  Thanks Arlene.

Loopy quilting by Arlene
 Anyways, this is easy to do, take random pink 2 1/2" strips and cut them down to 6".  Sew randomly together to total 42". Stitch two 42" random pieced strips together, press the seam., make 6 units in total.   From white fabric cut 2 1/2" by WOF, about 9 in total.  Place this white fabric in between the pink units and as outer borders.  Sandwich and quilt as desired.  Bind with an interesting fabric like this diagonal strip. 

No comments: