Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WIP Wednesday

 It has been ( I think) a MONTH since I last linked up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.  For shame.  So what have I been up to? A lot, more than I thought actually. 

Blocks

I got a few of these done.  The first two are for Joy circle at do. good stitches.  The first set are some extras for my month (April). The top is at the long arm quilters and I should be able to get it on Wednesday night and hopefully finish it off before month end. I also did up blocks for Becca who is making a modified Bento Box.
Bento Box

The last set of blocks are made from green scraps testing out my take on Cluck Cluck Sew block 467 from Quiltmakers 100 blocks vol. 5.  I really like how they turned out and it was great to use up some scraps.  Not sure what I will be making next from this mag, but stay tuned.

Block 467
Finished Quilts

Coconut Steps Runner is named after the Bali Pops that I got to make it.  The runner now adorns a lovely home where I went for a wine and cheese party.
Coconut Steps Runner
 Animals in the Zoo was made from a packet of scraps that I picked up at my LQS and my first intentional attempt at improv.  I added the green background ( love it) and other bits from the stash.  I also found a yard of minky in the bargain bin and it made the back of the quilt.  I love it.

Animals in the Zoo
Warm Patchwork is made from the scraps of two other quilts made last year.  I found the bits in my odds and ends bin and decided why not use them up.  It might read a bit to orange for me, but I am sure that it would make a great play mat for a little person.

Simple Warm Colored Patchwork
 
Cowboys and Aboriginal People.  Okay this fabric was in the stash for a long time.  It has cowboys and Indians and bank robbers on it.  Something that kids growing up in the 50`s and 6o`s may relate to.  I am not to sure about now, hence the politically correct name of the quilt. 
Cowboys and Aboriginal People
I wanted to test a pattern and decided why not.  The pattern design is from Me and My Sister Designs.  I had made the rail fence version of the quilt on the pattern and like it well enough to try another.  I think this pattern is great if you are in a hurry for a baby quilt to give as a gift.  You can get it done in a 5 hour time span.  If you put the pedal to the metal and know what color options you are going with that is!

Dr. Seuss 2 is made from scraps.  The whole thing is bits of fabric from other projects.  Even the back.  Unfortunately I still have Dr Seuss scraps still left.  I may have to make another Dr Seuss quilt just to see the end of them.
Dr Seuss 2
 Home Goods
Espresso Maker Cover is a quilted cover for the machine I got tired of wiping down and dusting every week.  Hopefully it will help my espresso making skills too! The Michael Miller fabric was new into my LQS and it was perfect timing too.


Sewing Machine Cover has been on the to do list since the middle of February.  Finally I sat down and followed the pattern from Sew4 Home blog.  It turned out wonderfully. A bit big but that is okay, I can keep thread on the machine top and still cover it all. 
Machine cover
 HST Runner is another project started to use scraps and to work on when I got bored with all the other projects that I had on the go.  Strange eh.  Start a new project despite having 50 others to complete. The pattern is from Heather Mulder Petersons book, On the Run that features a bunch of runners to try out.  This is my second one from the book.


HST Runner
Spring Place mats and case using Fandango fabric and a bit of Riley Blake were for my mom to celebrate 65 years on the planet. Happy B Day Mom.

place mats with carry case ( not shown)

Tops Done
Coconut Squares Runner is awaiting its turn to be quilted.  Not sure if I will do something graphic and linear or swirling..

Coconut Squares Runner
In Progress
  • Granny Squares
  • NYB
  • Waterwheel
Wow.  You tired yet.  Me too that was a lot!  Thanks for visiting. TTYL.

No comments: