Sunday, May 6, 2012

Animals in the Zoo baby quilt

Animals in the Zoo baby quilt by NavyRev
Animals in the Zoo baby quilt, a photo by NavyRev on Flickr.

I have finally completed this cute little quilt. I just love it all. From the colors, to the characters, and the fabric its all fantastic.
The story of this quilt is that I picked up a bag of scraps from my local quilt store and thought I would try some improv quilting with it.
I built on these characters in terms of color, added some funky fabric and an unusual color of background,green. I think it works wonderfully together. The back of ths quilt is a minky fabric, a remnant as well. Add that to the fluffy batting this quilt is so cuddly.
Arlene quilted this small quilt using a simple rectangle square pattern that I think is very effective in filling in the white/green space!

No comments: