Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Pirate Granny block
 Don't you love the block above?  It is my favorite of my granny blocks that I have been busy making over the last three weeks.  I thought it would make a bit more of a dent in the scrap bin, but alas, it did not.  I guess i will need to come up with a few more quilt top ideas to get rid of them.

So another Wednesday is here and what do I have to show for it?  Well a fair bit.  I got this quilt top done.  Originally it was in another configuration, that looked like a thunderbolt from Nazi Germany, if that makes sense.  Seeing as it just didn't sit well with me I changed it up to the quilt top below.  Adding a stripe border and an outer border makes it looks pretty good.  Now i need to do some thinking about the quilting pattern for this top.
Skulls and Stripes
In the United Church there is a social action group called the Raging Grannies.  They are a group of senior women who band together to actively change things that are wrong in various communities.  So as a tribute to them and the actually block, granny squares, I have entitled this quilt Raging Granny.  Though I don't see any rage in them at all.  Do you?  
the soon to be Raging Granny quilt

No comments: