Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday

 Another Wip Wednesday has rolled around.  This week I have been moderately productive due to rain showers and having a bit more time.  I was able to complete numerous quilt tops and they are bagged and ready to go off to Arlene the long arm quilter.  So far I have pink colorway and green and have fabric stacked for a brown and black one.  Though I do have doubts about making a black baby quilt... I must say I really like how they look and a lot of the tops are scrap.  My stockpile of baby quilts are building once more.


  First up is my Ice quilt.  This quilt pattern if you call it that was put out into quilt land by Elizabeth at Oh Frannson.  I believe that she had this as one of her bee block back in 2011.  Anyways I saw it, like the graphic but random pattern and thought it would be good way to use up some more scraps. I am not sure how we (Arlene and I) are going to quilt it but I am sure it will look awesome.
Ice Quilt
Another top that is done is the Halloween table runner.  This pattern is from Disa Designs who published a booklet with various seasonal runners.  I thought it would be a good way to use up even more scraps I will be quilting this one myself.  I often will quilt the smaller home goods just to keep up some of my stitching skills with out a whole bunch of frustration that you experience often having a larger item to quilt.  With Easter weekend looking rainy, I think I will be able to finish it up.  

 Granny blocks have entered my life.  I was so taken with some of the examples that I have seen on Flickr I thought i would give it a whirl.  They are wonderfully easy, I can put together one in about 15 minutes and it uses up those 2.5" scraps in the bin that are getting out of control. The majority of these grannies are monochromatic, but this one which it a bit more interesting and rev'ed up is my personal favorite.  I have a penchant for pirates.  Its to bad I only have one strip of the pirate fabric left.  But it does coordinate well with Dr. Seuss stripe doesn't it. 
Have a great week and for those of you who are of the Christian faith, may the Risen Christ bless your Easter.

No comments: