This weekend, amidst taking care of chores, grocery shopping, other details required by a home owner and working on a term paper due in 7 days, I did some therapeutic sewing and cleaning in the work room.
Right now I have two bags of scraps, that I have yet to weigh but they are pretty heavy. LOL. These will be going to another home with a lady who will make good use of them in her charity quilt work. That takes a load of guilt off me knowing that they are not going to be wasted as some of them are good size chunks of fabric.
I also have been picking up the piles on the floor and putting them back into the closet with the rest of fabric. Looking pretty good but I still have a ways to go. I really must start making a dint into the .50 cuts. I also have to find a space to put all the batiks so they are in one location cause I am not using them as I should. Not sure how I will do this but something will come to me. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Disa Designs with the thought that this would:
1) help use up those .50m cuts
2) use up scraps to make the tops.
3) give me some cute gifts to give away.
So far both thoughts are true. So far I have the top made for the Halloween runner and its back. While I did not follow the stitch as you go method, the pattern still came together well. Now to quilt it and put on the binding. But only after the paper is finished. Then I want to try the green sunflower runner. I have some green scraps that will work nicely to make this top.