Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wonky Cross
I got another quilt top back from Arlene and was able to put the binding on and hand stitch it down.  I am quite pleased with how it looks.  I started this a last fall when I wanted to try out the wonky cross blocks.  Lucky for me I found the border pattern fabric from Riley Blake that helped me plan out the color scheme. 


quilting by Arlene  



 This is a simple quilt, wonky cross' with a larger cross dividing four wonky crosses  ( a bit hard to see due to the photo.) Arlene did a great job of quilting it with stars and loops and it makes it look great.  I was also able to finish the last of the Solstice Star blocks by Faith at Fresh Lemons and put together a top.  I still need to make the backing, and am debating a multi colored floral or a pieced back using some of the prints on the front.

Solstice Stars

Rectangles is done.  I like how these simple blocks not only show off the fabrics from past quilts but come together in an effective baby quilt.  I got the inspiration for Sew Katie Sew's blog who did something similarly.  I may have to do this one again in a bigger size and in a different color way.  I have an idea that I will share later on in the week  once I can find some of the fabrics to do a test. I also will have to remember this simple wave pattern for a quilting option cause it looks great.

Rectangles
 I also was able to finish up dad's birthday gift.  Placemats.  Okay a bit lame but he will like them as will mom who gets to toss out some of the old ones I made for them years ago.  I was also able to get the ice blocks on the wall once more and will work hard to get this top done for next week and that will be yet another UFO that is complete.

No comments: