Monday, February 20, 2012

Another Top

Faith from Fresh Lemons recently taught a quilt along called Solstice Stars.  I, of course jumped right in and used it as an opportunity to experiment with color.  Namely turquoise, limey green, orange, red, and yellow.  Yes, all together.  Its pretty bright, it fun.  Not sure what home this quilt will go to but someone will love it. 

Solstice Stars

hanging on the garden gate taking advantage of some light in the grey.

The blocks were great to put together and were consistent in size, no adding borders to the edge to fudge it. For anyone looking for a quick project this is a good one as it is only five blocks that are then set into a variety of layout options. I decided to take the layout that would use up the most amount of fabric, as I have too much that can't fit into the closet so I have to use it up in creative ways.  Not sure what the back will look like.  I still have a bit that can be used up from the top's fabrics that I can add to with something else in my stash.  I haven't decided if I will quilt this one or ask Arlene to do so, but I am thinking a sampler kind of look with various stitching patterns and colors will be the way to go.

I also am working on the binding on the Wonky Cross and stars quilt. Have two more edges to finish off and I will be able to post that too as a finish for the month and this weeks WIPS.

No comments: