Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekend Finishes

This weekend, amidst painting and household chores, I was able to do a bit of quilting.  I still am on a kick trying to finish up UFO's and to use as many scraps as possible. I was able to take some of those finished items, both old and new to Arlene the long armer, and pick up some quilts that she had done in January for me. 

 I made this little case for the place mats from some left over fabric and cute orange gingham ribbon.  Not sure who's blog I saw that did something similar but I thought it was a great idea.  Wrapping and organization all in one.

 Color block place mats using the tutorial of color block place mats from the Sew Mama Sew Blog.  To date I have made this pattern twice using up novelty prints.  I most likely will go for a third making it out of solids and linen as I really like that look.
 Apologies for the top row of blocks not being totally visible, my design walls are piled on top of each other and I rolled them up, but not always out of the way. These are the what I call Ice blocks again taken from a  block and quilt that Oh Fransson did.  I am not sure whether I will set them like she did or whether I will put them altogether with a wide sashing.

 These rectangles are left overs from another project. This is a simple project but very effective with the different shades of red, blue and yellow with the white. My personal favorite is the stripe border, as it just pops it.  Of course Arlene did a great job on the quilting.  She kept it simple but the wave motif she used works well as the close up below shows.
I have a few other things I am working on but I will share those a bit later in the week. Have a great Monday

No comments: