Sunday, January 8, 2012

Productivity

During that last four days of my vacation I have been pretty productive.  Not only did we put away all the Christmas stuff, I did some other work in de cluttering a few areas of the house where stuff has piled up.  My work room still looks like a tornado hit it but I am making progress. 
Sewing related I made a small curtain for a bathroom window, finished a dress and a costume.  I also put a binding on a quilt and finished making two bibbs using fabric scraps.  Unfortunately I still have way too many scraps and not enough time to whittle them down.  I know if I could just focus a bit more intentionally I probably could outfit a seniors residence with quilts for a year.  Yeah that is a lot of scraps.  Now I just need to work on them. 
So to that end I have decided that I will take January to finish up old projects, those pesky UFO's before starting any new projects.  That is hard for me, but it will be a good challenge. Right now I am working on McKenna Ryans At Home in the Woods.  I have all the blocks together except for the one on the bottom left with the fireweed.  After that is done, I can do the stitching and the baste it all together. 
I have a few other quilt things that need finishing up but I will show those on another day.

No comments: