Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Computer problems

Yup I am having them.  More like problems getting off the computer and sitting in front of my sewing machine.  I don't know about other folks, but there are days or in this case, weeks when I feel the lure of blog surfing and pinterest.  There is just so much to see isn't there.

But i am trying to be diligent in working on ufos that have been sitting in the closet far to long.  I also have some quilts that have come back from the long armer back in December and are awaiting me to hand stitch the binding on them.  To that end I have 5 naked thread spools, so that tells you I have been doing something!  Here is an HST that I started December 2009.  I had the actual hst's done quickly but it took longer to make the actual blocks as I was doing 50 other projects too.   Arlene the long armer, did a wonderful job on the quilting, just a simple double meander, which is so versatile and works on many quilt tops.


And while I had told myself not to start anything new, that lasted about 5 days, I did.  I picked up a pattern called Hopskotch by a quilt company in Saskatchewan two years ago.  The original quilt I saw made up in Moose Jaw was in a palette of greens and purples which I loved and will most likely make, but instead of going that direction I took a stack of fat quarter in lovey shades of brown, cream, and white from Robert Kaufman.  Not my normal palette but I have a person in mind who will suit it well. As you can see in the photo of the mug rug made from its scraps below the fabrics are lovely.
With any luck I will be able to show you the finished top soon.  
 And lastly its snowing here, 20 cm which is a lot for the West Coast. I love the snow so I think that a snow day is great way to spend a day of leave, cause it means I can sew or bake or take it easy. But it also gives me time to blog post and to link up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.

No comments: