Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Not much progress to report on the quilting front this week.  I spent 5 days in Edmonton, visiting friends, reading some books that I had on the reading list, and generally resting.  Normally after Christmas I am tired out so I take a "spiritual retreat."  I highlight the term, cause my definition varies from year to year as to what it is, but whatever form it takes it usually does the trick at meeting a deep need within me for peace, knowledge and down time.
This year I went to Edmonton, stayed in Fantasyland Hotel, slept and read, took long baths in a wonderful tub and when I wanted some exercise, I walked the mall. Good thing too cause it was freezing when I arrived, -30 C.   The mall is huge, and for the longest time was the biggest in North America so there is lots of ground to cover and if you put a bit of pep in your step and go out early enough in the morning, you can speed walk without anyone getting in the way of your good pace. So three times every day I went out and walked the mall.
I also now can strike off one item on my bucket list. Yup, since i was 17, when class mates of mine where staying at Fantasyland for an after grad party, I wanted to stay there.  So I have fulfilled my teenage self's desire to stay at this hotel in a theme room.  That means two things off the bucket list.  My bucket list is one that is still evolving and isn't too big. I guess that its okay that I don't have 50 things that I need to knock off the list as it could become a chore rather than an experience and isn't that what it is about, experience?   I recently found someone's bucket list in photos on pinterest which I thought was a really good idea.  They had taken a photo and then added a caption, stating what it was and that it was on the bucket list. I could see doing something similar. 
What about you? What is on your bucket list? Do you have it written down or just have some fleeting ideas of what would be on it?

from Pinterest

No comments: