Saturday, December 10, 2011

Spa Day Interrupted....

View from Lochside Dr
 I began my day early today, though I still got to sleep  which was nice.  I wanted to beat the rush and get to the bus station to send packages to Edmonton for Christmas.  From there I went to the Ocean Palm Spa in Sydney, stopping to drink my Starbucks on the shoreline.  They offer great services and I have found memories of spending a day there after I completed basic training in Deceember 2006 as a little treat from my very sweet boyfriend. Since then I go every few months for something, but my favorite things are a massage from Loretta ( now retired) and a pedicure.  The first time I got a massage from Loretta while it was a basic soothing massage, but I experienced rainbow light as she was doing the treatment.  For those who have done healing touch or Reiki you know what I mean.  The colors that I could see were fantastic, and I was so relaxed.  Best massage ever.
So today I had a body scrub and a pedicure.  My toes are now a lovely sparkly blue, called GO GONZO!  Remember how he used to swing off the chandeliers in the Muppets?  My skin is all soft and glowy, ready for Christmas parties!
GO GONZO Toes
 My plan after the spa was to go home, work on making some Christmas stockings and wrapping up cookie boxes for folks at work.  Unfortunately the husband asked if I would help his unit decorate for Christmas. Wouldn't have been my first choice but okay.  I can put in a few hours.  3 and a 1/2 hours later we called it quits still not done.  It was a bit of a challenge as the stuff wasn't well labelled, nor was there a diagram or list saying what goes where. And the electrical... OMG.  Needless to say, we just hung stuff up and made sure it wasn't burnt out. Someone else can figure how to wire it up.  They have until 2 pm on the 15th to get it together.  But the next time, if there is a next time, I will be bringing a tool bag and a ladder with me.

No comments: