Wednesday, November 30, 2011

WIP Wednesday

I am joining up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for her WIP Wednesday.  I have been doing it the last few months and find its an excellent way to keep on top of things.

I believe I mentioned last week that I got a whole stack of quilts back from Arlene the long armer and have been busily been working on putting on bindings.  I still have a lot more to go but I am getting there.

I am pleased to present to you the following: 

Supernova - 
I really like how this turned out.  And the quilting, amazing.  Its got swirls and bursting thingies from the center. You can see them kind of in the close up in the very center. 


 I quite like how this looks.  I made a few extra to make it a bit bigger than the original and to use up some more scraps.  The quilting is a double random stipple which is very effective to use on something that has so much to look at. 


I have a few others almost done but am holding off until they are completely done to show you.

I still have to quilt these small toppers.I have a traditional one and a non traditional one in bright colors that I am hoping to have out longer than the Christmas season.

The new projects that I am working on as soon as I get to the fabric store for some Grinch flannel are pillow cases for two special little boys of my colleague Nigel. I think they will get a kick out of some new ones for the season. And since I am behind on my tree skirt project ( I started last year making tree skirts for everyone for Christmas) I have two naked trees.  Eeeck!
So I must get on that.  After I find the fabric in my work room.  Its still in shambles.  Must get the CSM (company Sergant Major) to come in and give me a talking to! That might movitvate me.

Maybe.

LOL.

No comments: