Sunday, November 6, 2011

Finishing Up

Wonky Cross All Star
I have been a bad blogger and not written for a bit, but I have a good reason.  I have been working hard finishing up some outdoor jobs before the rainy season begins marking the start of winter on the west coast. I also have been finishing up projects.  I had some quilts and small projects that I started earlier in the year and decided that it was about time to put my nose to the grind stone and get them done. One such project is the wonky cross quilt using a lot of Riley Blake fabrics. I made numerous blocks, then joined them with a secondary cross that made a neat tic tac toe look to the quilt top.  I finished it up with the All Star fabric.  I love this line of fabrics but was only able to get the blue colorway in my LQS.  Another project off to the long arm quilter. 
Speaking of which, I got back two weeks ago, four quilts which I have been working to put the binding on.  Right now they all have the binding on but the job of hand sewing it all down is waiting me.  I am 12 inches from finishing the first so three more to go.

No comments: