Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Canada Day

Okay I am a bit late in posting due to a wedding rehearsal, but Happy Canada Day! I love this day in the year.  You know why?  Growing up it meant not only did my country have a birthday, but I did too.  Only 17 days until mine and I would count it down like a school kid watching the clock until home time.  Now the sad thing about a summer birthday, at least growing up, was that the folks that I wanted to invite over were all gone on holiday.  Not to mention living in the country it wasn't that easy to get folks over to visit.  Its not as if they could bike around the block like they do in the city.  Now all grown up, I take some holiday time on my birthday and make it a long weekend that I use to think about the year, what I have done and what I want to do for the year ahead.  I think this year I will go to the spa....
So on the agenda this Canada Day is working on the Single Girl quilt.  I am behind on it so I need to put in some time to get it a bit further along that what it is.  Perhaps if I put in a few hours every day for the next week I may have a finished top.  Okay maybe that is a bit too aggressively optimistic.  But....I will give it a whirl. 

No comments: