Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Farmers Market is Open

Back when it was grey and dreary, I picked up a package of fat quarters from Hamels, a quilt shop on the mainland.  What I had ordered was Sandi Henderson's Farmers Market, bright bold collection that is guarenteed to blow those dreary days away.  It took me a bit to think on what to make using it, but when I saw this pattern at allpeoplequilt.com, I thought it would be a good way to showcase the bold fabrics.  So the top is done, it went together simply, though I had to be careful to make sure to match up the sashing as I went along.  If you are looking for a quick quilt, I cut it in one night, and sewed it in 3 hour blocks over 3 nights, this would be a good one.  I can't wait to see what Arlene, the long arm quilter will make of this one.  I get the sense that I am one of the more bolder/ brighter quilters that get her to work on their pieces.
My next project is to put the binding on a few quilts that have come back from Arlene and start a new pattern.  I have picked up a few from Jaybird Quilts and Cluck, Cluck, Sew that are calling me to make them.  I also want to make a piece of clothing and use up some the fabric I have for that.  Oh so many options. 

No comments: