Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Wet Wet World

The skies have opened and its been raining pretty much two and a half days now.  I am starting to feel a bit waterlogged, despite knowing the extra water will be good for the water table and the lawns and everything else that grows.  Needless to say it makes me want to lock myself in the sewing room and quilt, only coming out for food.  Sadly I haven't spent as much time as I had hoped for there as my father in law came to visit, and with the DH on night shift, the poor man was all on his own for much of his time here. 
SuperNova
HST's
I did get the blocks done for the Super Nova Quilt along at Freshly Pieced and am waiting for step two, inserting the intersections.  The turquoise and indigo HST's which I was doing so well on, making a few blocks each day has stopped, though I hope to get a few done tonight before the new episode of NCIS.
I have done no work on the Coins Quilt along run by Don't Call me Betsy.  I was waiting on some fabric and now that it has come, I haven't found the desire to just suck it up and finish off the top.  My longarm quilter, Arlene will love me, cause I will have two bags of tops for her to do, rather than the usual one a month.  I still have to put together the blocks from the Bloggers Blockapalooza too.  So there is no shortage of work to be done, just the energy to do it.  Any one got a whip?  A carrot?  Chocolate will work too! 

No comments: