Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sliding into the New Year

Well I don't know about anyone else, but at our house we slid into the New Year on a wave of weddings, spa visits and nightly quilting marathons.  Christmas leave was not as relaxing as I had hoped, having to go into work to perform some year end weddings.  It was almost as if I didn't want to get too relaxed in case I couldn't rev myself up again to do these tasks before jumping into the rest of Christmas leave. I found that I was pretty tired working up to Christmas. 

Christmas table center piece using Dresden Plates
a block designed by Oh Fransson for do.Good Stitches. 
Its been a busy time quilting.  I have completed a few tops as well as some cute clutches, coasters and napkins. I even have finished two Christmas presents for later this year!!!! I know, I'm a keener.  But I thought if I made this really useful gift for everyone in different fabrics, then it would make my gift giving a bit easier.  Not to mention by # 12 I should be able to do it in my sleep! 

I have intentionally been trying to whittle down the scrap pile along with the fat quarter bunch  and am making some progress.  So far I have used up 6 meters in the first week of Jan.  If I can keep on using about that every few weeks, then I will be able to move some fabric into the closet.  This block designed by Oh Fransson on the do.Good Stitches on Flickr for January and is a great way to use scraps in a variety of color ways.  http://www.flickr.com/groups/dogoodstitches/discuss/72157625590791581/

If you aren't into modern quilting, you might want to give it a whirl just to say you've tried it!

No comments: