Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hurry up Sew Faster

I am in the thick of it now.  I have a few presents that I need to finish off, but despite ordering the patterns early and starting them, they are the last of the Christmas gifts to complete.  I don't know if its the grey of winter settling in but I'm feeling draggy and not wanting to sit at the sewing machine.  I would much rather sit in front of the fire, with the Christmas tree lights on reading the latest JD Robb book.  I have been waiting since the beginning of November for it to come in only to have it be late hitting the Canadian bookstores.  GRRRR.  But soon it will be in my hot little hand or as soon as Chapters can put it into a box and send it to me!

one of many runners

and a few Christmas Cards ready to go
In the meantime I continue to work on binding Christmas runners,  this is about the only time of year that I start to hate hand sewing binding on.  My middle finger is starting to look like a pin cushion.  But it is great for stress relieving!  Now to sit down and write the Christmas letter about all our adventures.  Perhaps the husband can write that up while he watches hockey!  Hmmm.  Now how to get him to think its his idea!

No comments: