Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fast flying week

This week went by very fast.  We are still unpacking boxes and put on a big push to get the garage cleared out so that we can move the cars inside.  The DH spent a day putting up a garden shed to move tools and gardening materials into so that freed up much room.  I also have been going through the scrap/quilting room boxes and have come to the conclusion that I have to many scraps and too many magazines.  Needless to say I spent about an hour going though the mags pulling things that caught my eye then tossing it in the recycle.  Now I need to do something similar with the scraps.  I saw a few blogs today that gave me some ideas so perhaps I can use them to help myself out. 

I did finish a few things in the studio.  I finished a car carrier made for Craig's new car using some black and white oriental fabrics.  Its a Simplicity pattern but it works well in holding those things that tend to be loose around the car.  I have one more to finish for Mom and some Christmas projects to finish binding on as well. But I really have to hit the sewing machine hard to get some big quilts done before Christmas.

No comments: