Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Trying new things

Trying new things is to keep one fresh and stimulate new pathways in the brain. So keeping that in mind I decided to venture out and try something new to usher in November.

Instead of doing one layout to mark Remembrance Day I decided to try and do two. One old and one of something current. Lord knows in my job I have many options to capture great photos of current events. The new one I posted earlier in the week called Ghost Soldiers. Below is one for the veterans of past conflicts. Keeping in the trying something new theme, I made a new layout with materials that are so not me, in fact I think they are kind of ugly. But they capture the 80's so very well as well as my grandma's preference for bright and rich colors. The papers are by Upsy Daisy and work really well with the chipboard that I picked up at the dollar store on a whim.
I also while visiting a favorite scrapbooking blog found a link to another blog called ScrapMuse who is looking for new designers. I'm not sure if I got what they are looking for but I think its time to stretch myself a bit more. So I'm entering my name and waiting to see what happens. It sure was an interesting process deciding on what to submit or not. This layout below is my take on ScrapMuses October sketch challenge and is of my niece Emme.

No comments: