Tuesday, April 7, 2015

California Girl Deux

One of my colleagues has been trying to get pregnant and finally they are!!! Yeah. So happy for them. Anticipating this event I was digging in the box of fabric that I had shipped to Petawawa and found a pack of fat quarters from the Fat Quarter Shop.  The line was called California Girl and is a soft pretty floral line that I added some fabrics to which expanded its diversity.


 I chose a simple pattern from Sue Pfau's book called Sweet Jane. Ironically enough her pattern uses the same fabric. No, not much a coincidence.  I don't often copy the pattern designers fabric choices but this suited the quilt so well it was a no brainer.


It came together very quickly on a Sat afternoon when it was snowing out.  I actually had enough left over that I made a second which is perfect if they have twins.  Now I have no idea if they are having one or two or if it will be a boy or girl.  It really doesn't matter to me because I will have another excuse to buy some more fabric to make boy quilts.  I have been eyeballing the Military Max fabric from Riley Blake.


Living on a army base, all I would have to do is give one quilt to any lady with baby and be hit up with orders for something similar!  Maybe that is not such a good idea, I could find myself with no time to do my projects. 

 


No comments: