Last year while the snow was blowing outside my window I started Tula Pinks Anchors Aweigh quilt. I made a post on it and actually started a second post on my progress. I spent a weekend marathon sewing and completed rows 1, 2,3,4,5,6 and 8. One and eight are a bit of a cheat cause you do both in one go, so it doesn't really count. I do like the look of this quilt despite that fact I did not use the dogwood color that the designer recommended in the pattern.
My plan, and you know how it is with best laid plans, is to have the top done before the middle of July 2014 and have it professionally quilted. My long arm quilter Arlene is going to HATE me cause I want really heavy quilting on this thing. But its going to look great in our spare room.
And as best laid plans go, I did not get this done to take home in July. In fact it became WIP # 2 for 2015. The top is done, threads snipped and ready to take home for quilting. I can't wait to see what kind of quilting goes on it. No way I am giving this baby away. If I have a wall big enough I want to see about hanging it for decor purposes.
Sadly I did not have enough left overs to make the back and there is very little left of this collection for sale on line. It will be interesting when it comes time to bind the quilt what material I can scrounge out of the leftovers! And wouldn't you know it, I never took at picture of the top. Oh dear, I'm slipping after not blogging for a month.