Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Black and White

I had a HUGE pile of black and white scraps that I wanted to get whittled down and use up. I admit that I wanted something quick and speedy and the pattern by Me and My Sister Designs called L7 fit the bill. It was relaxing making this quilt or should I say quilts as I had enough to make two. I added to the initial pattern to make it 52 x 64 before putting on the outside border.

With the leftovers I made a baby quilt, rather than using the bits for the backing. And them after that I found another 11 blocks buried under a pile of fabric beside the sewing table. That will teach me to have six projects on the go at the same time. That said while the quilts uses the same block and some of the same fabrics they look different when compared to one another. Now my biggest problem is to find a place to photograph them all without rain or mud interfering with the crisp white background.



Apologies for not showing the whole quilt but I did not have it totally bound and was running out of time before my flight departed to get a picture done of the quilting.  My personal favorite thing about this quilt is the back, in a black and white chevron minky fabric that I found in the remanent bin at my fabric store.  Got to love that. 


No comments: