Wednesday, October 8, 2014

April Showers in October

Last year when I was at my favorite Batik store, Bibb and Tucker in Victoria I had the opportunity to pick up a kit from Laundry Basket Quilts.  While I am not a big kit person, every once and a while I find something that catches my eye and I have to get it.

In this case April Showers is one of three quilt patterns that caught my eye.  It also helped that the pieces were laser cut which cuts your work in half. Even better don't you think. Not sold this kit inlcuded the back, binding and batting. Perfect SOLD.



This weekend I had the opportunity to grab it out of the box and start working on it.  Within three hours the top was together and applique stuck on.  Now I am just waiting on rayon threads in appropriate colors to stitch everything down.  Stand by more to follow on this one as it progresses.

No comments: