Monday, September 8, 2014

Martinique

I think it was three years ago when I came across an online sale of a charm squares and went a bit crazy in the amount of them that I purchased.  My justification? It was a really good sale with the packs less than $5 CAD. Recently I have been working my way through this stack and using them to make runners, quilts and other objects and I am pleased with the rate they are shrinking.

One of those charm packs was called Martinique from Moda, which is a nice blend of coral, browns and aqua dots, florals and stripes.  Its very pretty and feminine without being cloying if you know what I mean. 

 As you can see I paired it with a solid in a soft sand color. This is a Art Gallery Solid that my LQS has on sale for $10/m which is a great deal so I bought lots of it.  So soft and silky and has a bit of a sheen to it that really looks good in the quilt.


The block is a simple HST sewn to make a square. Add this sashing fabric from Kate and Birdie you have a nice mix that is appealing to the eyes. The pattern is one from Fons and Porter Quilting Quickly, Fall 2014, which by the way has some great quick patterns that I am wanting to use to make some Christmas present quilts. The quilt when it is finished, later today I hope, will measure 53 x 73.


No comments: