Monday, September 1, 2014

Cherries Jubilee

I don't think that I have had Cherries Jubilee, I know my mom used to make something called Cherries in Snow ( a rice and cherry dish) that was pretty yummy.  I wonder where that recipe is, I might have to make it as a treat.  This cherries jubilee is a quilt top for a lovely little girl who goes by the name, Jubilee.
some folks have a design wall, I have a design bed.


The fabrics came from my scrap bin and I have to admit I had a lot of pink scraps. Enough that I can make two quilt tops in lap size. The pattern is called The Belle Wave and is by Faith Jones from Fresh Lemons quilts. I love her stuff, its so bold and graphic, and make a big impact with simple blocks.

of course its in this pic I see the block that is upside down!!

I spent one night cutting the fabrics, then two hours the next day sewing the blocks. Another two hours and I had the top together and ready to be quilted. I haven't decided if I am going to tackle this one on my own or if I will take it to the long armer to do.  Considering I have seven lap size quilts to make for Christmas so I may not have the time to do it.

Quilt Stats:  Size: 50 x 60
Fabrics: assorted scraps and 2.25 m of beige cotton

No comments: