Friday, May 16, 2014

Oh Deer! Sawtooth Blocks



I often will order scrap packs of fabric from Hawthorne Threads as a way of getting a variety of small bits to add to my collection for bee blocks. In the latest shipment there was this darling peach fabric with this baby deer under a tree and a charming chevron piece. 


I thought is would make a nice baby quilt or runner depending on how much I can get out of it. I’m not sure who is the manufacturer as this was cut off the fabric, so it will be difficult or time consuming to order more if  I want more of it.  This did not stop me from continuing to make these blocks and making a little wall art on the design board.

 The blocks are saw tooth stars that are 7” square and I'm thinking about pairing it with some nice botanical prints in green. Or I could add a nice patch block instead, a small Irish chain pattern would look good. As you can tell I am undecided at this point. Some time on the design wall will help me figure it out.



I think that I will back this quilt with a nice peach fleece instead of flannel. It will feel so soft and silky on little baby skin. 


No comments: