As mentioned in a previous blog post, I had a pile of scraps from Dr Seuss that I am trying to get rid of. I made bags, three quilts and now two placemats. The recipe for these came from the Fat Quarter Gang for Art Gallery Fabrics. They are very simple, 2.5” strips cut at different lengths with black ends added and sewn all together.
Since I did not have big enough pieces to make a backing, I plan to use a solid red cotton and bind the whole works together with a bit of black solid. As the project is a small one, I will reacquainting myself with stippling. Many of my quilts, even runners I take to the long armer because she has gotten it down to an art, drawing a pattern with thread. Me not so much. Yes practice would help in some areas but that only goes so far.