Wednesday, October 23, 2013

October Bee Blocks

This month for Joy @do good.stitches we are asked to make a block for a child's quilt.  I really like the pattern that is from Moda Bake shop, called Jungle Path Baby Quilt.   I can see great possibilities for this block in using up scraps even. Needless to say I did not have any themed fabric for children handy so I had to wait until I came home  and pick up some from the Cloth Castle.



With my fist full of fun fabrics I made three different options.  My personal favorite is the one above that have the sea turtles and fish.


This




This one is also nice but a bit plain for my liking despite trying to pick fabrics that are interesting with a bit of movement. Again a bit too boring but the block has a lot of potential.  I think it would also be a good scrap quilt block too.  Use up all those bits and pieces lying around or take a favorite fabric line that you have been saving and put it to use.

 

No comments: