Sunday, May 12, 2013

Origins

Well the Origins top is finally complete.  Again it was very quite to do the blocks, but when it came time to sew it all together, I was not inspired.  Eventually I got my act together and sat down with the goal of finishing this a few tops. The plan is to take them to my favorite long arm quilter for quilting and when they return I am that much closer to have a few peoples Christmas presents done.


The Origins top takes it name from the fabric line of the same name by Basic Grey.  I just love their stuff and was so glad when they branched out from paper to fabric.  Their grunge lines are fantastic blenders or backgrounds for much of what I do.

The pattern that I chose to use up a Origins jelly roll is Kristy Daum's Index. It is fast and easy to put together and would be a great way to use up those 2.5 inch scraps that most of us have lying around in a bin somewhere.
YLI MACHINE QUILTING THREAD 2735YD GREEN TO TAN YLI MACHINE QUILTING THREAD 2735YD FOREST
Not sure how I want to quilt this.  Considering a variegated green thread or a variegated yellow and brown thread if I can find it.  I am hoping that Arlene will have some idea of what to do pattern wise to make the quilt pop.

No comments: