Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Eyeballing New Fabrics

I had some time to do some searching around on the computer,specifically looking at new prints on Spoonflower and other fabric designers.

Riley Blake has some wonderful swatches for 2013.  My favorite is called Serenity by Bo Bunny.  It is full of luscious shades of black, red, turquoise with a bit of an asian twist.  I can see using some of this in a bathroom as a shower curtain, especially the Chinese Lantern Print with the turquoise background.  It would be fun and interesting.    A surprising pop of color in a place that can often be so boring and colorless.

The other line that I like in this collection is called Boy Crazy.  Its a bit reminiscent of childhood in the 50's and 60's, with its bicycles, rockets, skateboards and robots.  It would be great bedding for a boy age 3-8 I think.  One can also have fun making cushions, curtains and other accessories like pillows with this line.

Searching Michael Miller's site, there are some fabrics that catch the eye.  Norwegian Woods, Happy Tones, Dino Roars and Lagoon.  I will have to think about it for a bit to decide which collection to buy unless I cheat and get charm packs of all to make into various small home goods, like runners etc.

No comments: